The goodness of whole wheat crepes with a lovely, soft egg filling - perfect breakfast for any season!!
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup|
|Toned Milk||1 Cup|
|Egg or small||2 ones 1|
|Olive Oil||2 Tablespoons|
|Eggs, beaten with salt and pepper||5|
|Onion, finely chopped||1⁄2|
|Small tomato, finely chopped||1|
|Green chilli, finely chopped||1|
|Zucchini, bell pepper or any Vegetable, chopped||1|
|Coriander leaves, chopped||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
For the egg filling: Heat a pan, add the oil and toss in all the vegetables on low heat.
Add salt and pepper to taste, and stir fry till soft.
Turn on the heat and add in the beaten eggs. Keep stirring the mixture with a wooden spoon, scraping the bottom of the pan as you go, breaking up the parts of cooked egg.
Stir in the coriander leaves. When the eggs appear to be completely cooked, turn off the heat.
For the Crepes: Put the flour and salt in a bowl and whisk together till mixed.
Break in the eggs, add the oil and give it a mix. Add in the milk slowly and whisk together to form a smooth batter. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
Heat a non stick pan, and on medium heat, pour in a ¼ cup measure of batter and swirl the pan around.
Let the crepe cook till the edges are browned and appear crispy.
Place your filling in the centre, fold up in halves or quarters and serve.
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Whole wheat Savory Crepes with Egg Filling
- Herbed crepes with white chicken fillingBritish, Appetizer - 45 mins prep timeBy Nedha
- Tomato Egg Drop SoupChinese, Appetizer - 30 mins prep timeBy Anju Balan
- Eggless Crepe with Roasted OnionsEuropean, Entree - 10 mins prep timeBy Soumya Sivadas
- Omelette on Toast and Veggie RoundelsBreakfast - 45 mins prep timeBy Sundari Giri
- Egg Fried RiceAsian, Side-Dish - 15 mins prep timeBy Sandhi Ra
- Egg BhurjiAsian, Breakfast - 15 mins prep timeBy Sandhi Ra
- Healthy Egg DosaIndian-Kerala, Breakfast - 8 mins prep timeBy pritaclement
- Chicken Roll | A Snack Recipe Indian, Appetizer - 60 mins prep timeBy Preetha Soumyan
- Spinach eggsBreakfast - 10 mins prep timeBy Divya Saxena
- Scrambled eggs Indian style or Anda BurjiIndian, Breakfast - 30 mins prep timeBy Mano Reddy
- Scrambled eggAmerican, Breakfast - 5 mins prep timeBy Rahul Thomas
- Paneer Egg RollAsian, Breakfast - 20 mins prep timeBy Sandhi Ra
- Chocolate Crepes with Truffle and StrawberriesFrench, Dessert - 60 mins prep timeBy Iman Abdul Kader Kindasa
- Fish RollsIndian, Appetizer - 30 mins prep timeBy Ayesha Sultana
- New Year brekkie! Waffles with country syrup an...American, Breakfast - 45 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Simple CutletIndian, Snack - 30 mins prep timeBy Sabrina Rahman
- Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk PancakesAmerican, Breakfast - 20 mins prep timeBy Stefanie Kolle
- Beer Batter CrepesFrench, Breakfast - 30 mins prep timeBy Raymond Selzer
- Lasagne Verdi with Ricotta-Parmesan sauceItalian, Main-Course - 50 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Aebleskiver (Ãbleskiver)Danish, Breakfast - 30 mins prep timeBy Priya s Mathew