A tomato based pasta sauce that is packed full of hidden veggies. With great taste and plenty of nutrients, you will make this your staple recipe for your family pasta night.
|Fresh spinach||1 Cup|
|Small green bell pepper,small-sized||1|
|Tomatoes, medium-sized, diced||6|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoons|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoons|
|Red chilli flakes (||optional) 1 Pinch|
|Salt and black pepper||To Taste|
Place garlic, carrot, spinach, and bell pepper into a food processor and grind until you have very small pieces.
Heat olive oil in a medium sized pot, then add chopped veggies. Saute for 3-5 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant and veggies begin to become soft.
Add diced tomatoes, stir, cover, and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until tomatoes begin to soften and break down.
Add water and tomato paste, stirring to create a thick sauce.
Add spices and seasonings, stir, cover, and cook for at least 30 minutes over low heat, stirring periodically.
Leave the sauce as it is for a chunky version, or alternatively, blend with a hand blender to create a smoother sauce.
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Super Healthy Pasta Sauce
- Chicken With Veggie Heavy Tomato SauceAmerican, Entree - 40 mins prep timeBy Mandi Lynn
- Chilli TofuChinese, Side-Dish - 20 mins prep timeBy Sandhi Ra
- Capunet (Tuscan Stuffed Cabbage LeavesItalian, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Passione Per Cucina
- Pesaro-Style Ravioli With Fresh Tomato SauceItalian, Entree - 120 mins prep timeBy Passione Per Cucina
- Creamy Tomato SoupEnglish, Soup - 25 mins prep timeBy Donna George
- Veggie Stuffed ShellsAmerican, Entree - 45 mins prep timeBy Chelsmjlv
- ShakshoukaIsraeli, Breakfast - 30 mins prep timeBy Cindy Joung
- Creamy PastaMain-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Priya s Mathew
- Cajun Chicken PastaItalian, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Noor Nazar
- Gnocchi with Bacon, Spinach, Vidalia Onion and ...French, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Raymond Selzer
- Sauce TomateFrench, Side-DishBy James Andrews
- Cheesy Tomato Chicken PenneItalian, Entree - 45 mins prep timeBy BoredOfTheInternet
- Chicken Florentine Pasta Italian, Main-Course - 25 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Pasta with tomatoes and and garlicItalian, Main-Course - 20 mins prep timeBy Arpitha Jacob
- KusharyEgyptian, Entree - 60 mins prep timeBy Mandi Lynn
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Pear SoupAmerican, Entree - 40 mins prep timeBy mona
- Spicy French Vegetable saute.French, Side-Dish - 30 mins prep timeBy Arun Scaria
- Lemon Chicken LinguineAmerican, Main-Course - 25 mins prep timeBy Raymond Selzer
- Gardener's PieAmerican, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Darsh
- Chicken and Gnocchi SoupAmerican, Soup - 30 mins prep timeBy Dan Hauk