This is a very simple and tasty side dish for all Kerala lunch recipes. The key to this recipe is to not use a lot of oil and not over cook. The flame should be medium and ingredients constantly stirred. Vegetables should be cut into small pieces so that the stirring will evenly cook all of them
Cut potatoes into straight cuts like french fries, but half the size.
Cut carrots like the above with the thickness nearly half of potatoes(carrots take more time to cook)
Remove the tip of the beans from both sides and cut them evenly in medium sizes without splitting them
Cut the green chilli by half. Somewhat like splitting them
Take a clean wok (cheenichatti) and keep it over the stove flame.
Heat one table spoon of coconut oil and add a pinch of salt to it once its warm. Do not wait to see the vapours
Immediately add all the vegetables and start sauteing.
Initially when the vegetables are raw keep on stirring it fast.
1-2 minutes into sauteing, add turmeric and saute it so that it spreads evenly
Continue doing this for 5-8 minutes till you see a brownish coating starting to form at the base of the wok
Add the remaining oil in 1-2 steps while the ingredients continue to be sauteed. Key is to evenly spread the oil
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Sauteed Vegetables in Coconut Oil - vegetable olathiyathu
- Moong Dal and Vegetable StewIndian, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Sundari Giri
- Easy vegetable kormaIndian, Side-Dish - 20 mins prep timeBy Sujitha Nair
- ChopSuey30 mins prep timeBy GraceMary
- sunday spl.. pav bhaji.. Snack - 60 mins prep timeBy Uma Asha Raman
- Sadya Aviyal Kerala30 mins prep timeBy Veena Jan
- Vegetable PulaoIndian, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Divya K.
- Chicken Pad ThaiThai, Entree - 60 mins prep timeBy Garrett Amini
- Mixed Vegetable Dry CurryIndian, Side-Dish - 30 mins prep timeBy Arathi Variar
- Vegetable CutletsIndian, Snack - 50 mins prep timeBy Mano Reddy
- Vegetable Manchurian DryIndo-Chinese, Appetizer - 30 mins prep timeBy Shivani Nair
- Chicken Stew (Oil Free)Kerala, Side-Dish - 30 mins prep timeBy Nimmy Raghu
- Meatball CurryKerala, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Anju Kuriakose
- Quinoa LunchAmerican, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Kavita Srinivasan
- BorshMain-Course - 180 mins prep timeBy Tatiana Snezhnaya
- Vegetable StewKerala, Side-Dish - 30 mins prep timeBy Priya s Mathew
- Vegetable Dum BiryaniIndian, Main-Course - 90 mins prep timeBy Mani Dixit
- Chicken Fried RiceIndian-Chinese, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Feby Paul
- AvialKerala, Side-Dish - 45 mins prep timeBy Ramya Menon
- Oriental Garden SamosaIndian-Chinese, Appetizer - 45 mins prep timeBy Prachi Garg
- Beetroot with grated coconut (thoran)South-Indian, Side-Dish - 20 mins prep timeBy Saj