The best roast chicken EVER paired with the creamiest, dreamiest risotto is the perfect dinner combination!
|Garlic, peeled and crushed Clove||3|
|Salt and Pepper|
|Garlic Parmesan Risotto|
|Short grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cups|
|Garlic, minced Clove||3|
|Broth (have more on hand incase it's needed)||3 Cups|
|Parmesan Cheese||3 Tablespoons|
Preheat oven to 450F. Wash the chicken and pat dry. Use 3 Tbsp of room temperature butter to rub all over the chicken. Make sure to get it under the skin!
Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken, then place the lemon inside of the chicken cavity, along with the crushed garlic. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
Bake for 15 minutes on 450, basting occasionally. Then lower the heat to 375 and cook for an additional 45-60 minutes, until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
For the risotto: Put broth on simmer. In a separate pot, melt 3Tbsp butter over medium heat. Add UNWASHED rice to the butter and cook for a minute, making sure all pieces are coated. Add 3 cloves minced garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Over med-low heat, add simmering broth one ladle at a time to rice, stirring constantly until absorbed. After each ladle of broth has been absorbed, add another. Keep repeating this process, stirring constantly, until the rice is cooked and creamy. This should take about 20-25 minutes.
Once rice has finished cooking, add parmesan cheese and stir until combined.
Serve chicken over risotto and dig in!
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Roasted Chicken with Garlic Parmesan Risotto
- Baked Chicken RisottoItalian, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Reshma Venugopal
- RisottoItalian, Side-Dish - 35 mins prep timeBy Chris Lüscher
- Chicken and Gnocchi SoupAmerican, Soup - 30 mins prep timeBy Dan Hauk
- Chicken Florentine PastaItalian-American, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Antony Royden D'silva
- Thai Peanut ChickenThai, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Alex Rodriguez
- Cripsy Chicken Confit with QuinoaMain-Course - 1240 mins prep timeBy BoredOfTheInternet
- Crockpot Chicken-Stout StewIrish, Entree - 480 mins prep timeBy RecipeKing
- Shrimp QuinoaSide-Dish - 25 mins prep timeBy BoredOfTheInternet
- Calabrian Pork OrzottoItalian, Main-Course - 90 mins prep timeBy Jonny Phillips
- Beef Tips with Rice and GravyAmerican, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Dan Hauk
- Risotto Di Mare (Seafood Risotto)Italian, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Passione Per Cucina
- Chicken Dum BiryaniKerala, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Jonathan D'mello
- Cream of Potato and Bacon Soup1 min prep timeBy chevellephreak
- Cajun Chicken PastaItalian, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Noor Nazar
- Rustic Italian Sausage Tortellini SoupItalian, Side-Dish - 40 mins prep timeBy BoredOfTheInternet
- Vegetarian(ish) Red Beans and RiceAmerican, Main-Course - 150 mins prep timeBy Laura
- Japanese CurryJapanese, Entree - 90 mins prep timeBy Pandara
- Congo Chicken Soup (Muamba Nsusu)South-African, Soup - 30 mins prep timeBy Derek Kalinosky
- Pan Fried Fish With a Lemon Butter Sauce Over RiceMain-Course - 20 mins prep timeBy BoredOfTheInternet
- Red Wine RisottoItalian, Main-Course - 25 mins prep timeBy Passione Per Cucina