This is a ramzan special drink from kerala
Boil milk + water in a sauce pan
Add rava to the milk slowly, stirring constantly so that no lumps are formed.Bring the mixture to boil.
Once the rava is properly cooked, add sugar and cardamom powder, and mix well.Switch off the stove.
Heat ghee in a pan, and add cashew to it, and fry till it becomes light brown.Now add raisins and fry till it puffs up.
Switch off the stove and pour the fried mixture over the prepared thari kanji.
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Rava Porridge - Thari Kanji
- Unnakkaaya (Banana Flambe Fritters)Kerala, Snack - 30 mins prep timeBy Faseela K
- Rava Sweet LadduIndian, Dessert - 10 mins prep timeBy Sona Rose Benny
- Rava KesariSouth-Indian, Dessert - 15 mins prep timeBy Jennita Josiah
- Rava LadduIndian, Dessert - 15 mins prep timeBy Judith Jojo
- Palada PradhamanKerala, Dessert - 20 mins prep timeBy Shyamala Ravi
- Rava KesariIndian, Dessert - 20 mins prep timeBy Anju Balan
- Rava LaddooIndian, DessertBy Divya Nigeth
- Rava Kesari (aka Sojji)South-Indian, Dessert - 20 mins prep timeBy Usha Viswanathan
- Carrot halwaIndian, Dessert - 15 mins prep timeBy Shyamala Ravi
- Paal PaayasamKerala30 mins prep timeBy Preetha Soumyan
- Rava LaddooIndian, Dessert - 20 mins prep timeBy Elza Sujo
- Ragi PorridgeIndian, Drink - 30 mins prep timeBy Jennita Josiah
- Ghee rice with simple onion coriander leaf raita.Kerala, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Shyamala Ravi
- Rava LaddooIndian-Andhra, Snack - 15 mins prep timeBy Surya Prasanth
- KesariKerala, Dessert - 20 mins prep timeBy pandalays
- Aval/Beaten Rice PayasamKerala, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Donna George
- Rava ladduAndhra, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Veena Neelamegam
- Rava LaddooIndian, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Meeth Nihan
- Kaipola(banana cake)Kerala, Appetizer - 30 mins prep timeBy Hibs Rashid
- Carrot (Gajjar) HalwaPunjabi, Dessert - 20 mins prep timeBy Jane Jojo