An indulgent french toast stuffed with a raspberry cream cheese mixture. For those who detest bread pudding, soggy toast, and the like, fear not! This recipe gives you the perfect amount of crisp, and the thick slices prevent an over-absorption of the egg mixture; leaving the insides nice and bread-y. Breakfast in bed just got that much better.
|For the filling:|
|Fresh Raspberries||1 Cup|
|Cream Cheese, softened||4 Ounces|
|For the toast:|
|Loaf of Bread, such as challah or a soft Italian||1|
|Butter, unsalted melted||2 Tablespoons|
|Vanilla Extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon, ground||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
To make the filling, combine the raspberries and sugar in a medium bowl. Mix well and set aside to macerate for about 15 minutes. Stir in the cream cheese until well blended.
To prepare the toast, take your loaf and cut four thick slices; making each about 1 1/2-2 inches thick. With a small knife, carefully cut a slit in the top center of each slice to create a pocket, taking care not to cut all the way through to the other side.
In a shallow baking dish or pie plate, whisk together the egg and milk. Whisk in the melted butter and vanilla. Stir in the flour, cinnamon, and salt and whisk until smooth (You'll likely have some flour bits no matter how much you whisk, that's fine!).
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Fill the pocket of each slice of bread with some of the filling mixture. Place the filled slices of bread in the egg mixture, one or two at a time, soaking about 30-40 seconds per side. Remove the bread to a plate and allow the excess batter to drip off.
Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the heated skillet and swirl to coat. Add the filled slices of toast to the skillet in a single layer. Cook until light golden brown and crisp, about 1-2 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining slices of bread, adding more butter to the skillet as needed.
Serve immediately with maple syrup, powdered sugar, and fresh raspberries, as desired.
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Raspberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- Stuffed French ToastBreakfast - 35 mins prep timeBy BoredOfTheInternet
- Sweet Red Bean Stuffed French ToastKorean-American, Breakfast - 20 mins prep timeBy Shae Mitchell
- Croques MadameFrench, Breakfast - 15 mins prep timeBy Raymond Selzer
- French Toast CubesAmerican, Breakfast - 20 mins prep timeBy Sanaa A'esha
- PBJ Stuffed French ToastAmerican-English, Breakfast - 15 mins prep timeBy Sanaa A'esha
- Bluberry streuselAmerican, Dessert - 40 mins prep timeBy Timothy ByDesign
- Hot Cross Carrot Cake PancakesAmerican, Breakfast - 45 mins prep timeBy Ellen B.
- Strawberry empanadas Spanish, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Sanaa A'esha
- Baked French Toast with Cinnamon SauceAmerican, Breakfast - 30 mins prep timeBy Shazia Wahid
- Chocolate-Raspberry Polka Dot CakeDessert - 180 mins prep timeBy Neetha jeethu
- Butter Croissants stuffed with sausage and capersFrench, Breakfast - 15 mins prep timeBy Raymond Selzer
- Bread and Butter PuddingBritish, Dessert - 45 mins prep timeBy Galley
- Caramalised Onion QuicheFrench, Breakfast - 50 mins prep timeBy Sanaa A'esha
- Cinnamon French toastContinental, Breakfast - 10 mins prep timeBy Parvathy Jayakrishnan
- Potato PaveSide-Dish - 360 mins prep timeBy Diluckshnie Jayawardena
- Restaurant Style French ToastAmerican, Breakfast - 30 mins prep timeBy You Pinspire Me
- Pecan PieAmerican, Dessert - 90 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Clafouti aux Pommes (Apple Clafoutis)French, Dessert - 60 mins prep timeBy Priya s Mathew
- MacaronsBy Kholoud Hawari
- Schnitzel Sandwich and Warm Potato SaladGerman, Main-Course - 50 mins prep timeBy Raymond Selzer