So how many of you have gone through the situation where you'd been out the whole day, and you know in about less than an hour your kid would howl for dinner, the husband would come in from work walking straight to the kitchen to satisfy his curiosity of the day's culinary creation. Well in 30 minutes and you can have dinner done. It's all about about getting yourself organised and working like a well oiled machine and you have one heck of a meal to treat your family to.
|Piri Piri Sauce|
|Bird's Eye Chillies||1-2|
|Smoked Sweet Paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|White Wine Vinegar||2 Tablespoons|
|Basil Leaves||1 Bunch|
|Juice of a Lemon||1⁄2|
|Salt and Pepper Dash|
Get all your ingredients and equipment ready. Turn the oven on to 200C/ gas 6. Put a large griddle pan on a high heat.
Put the chicken thighs on a plastic chopping board, skin side down, and slash the meat on each one a few times. Drizzle with olive oil and season, then put on the griddle pan that is heating up, skin side down. Cook until golden underneath, then turn over.
Turn the chicken over.Slice the peppers into strips and add to the griddle pan. Turn the heat down to medium and keep moving the peppers around.
For the Piri Piri Sauce: Peel and roughly chop the red onion,add to the liquidizer with 2 peeled cloves of garlic. Add the chilies (stalks removed),paprika, zest of lemon and lemon juice.
Add white wine vinegar,Worcestershire sauce, a good pinch of salt and pepper, the bunch of basil and a swig of water. Blitz til smooth.Pour the piri piri sauce into a snug-fitting roasting tray.
Lay the peppers on top and put aside. Add the chicken to the roasting tray with the sauce. Scatter over the sprigs of thyme, then put the tray into the middle of the oven bake for 20minutes till cooked through
To serve: Get the tray of chicken out of the oven, sprinkle over a few coriander leaves and take straight to the table.
RelatedRecipes similar to Piri Piri Chicken
- Crispy Braised Chicken Thighs With Olive and Fe...American, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Matt Maroon
- Moroccan Lemon Chicken TagineMoroccan, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Nancy Xu
- Lemon-N-Garlic Slow Roasted Chicken & VegetablesFrench-American, Entree - 160 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Garlic Ginger Chicken ThighsAmerican, Main-Course - 15 mins prep timeBy Beula Pandian Thomas
- Oven Baked BBQ Ribs with Heirloom Tomato BBQ Sauce480 mins prep timeBy SutekhRising
- Chicken Caesar SaladMexican, Salad - 30 mins prep timeBy Trey
- mushroom and green bean stroganoffAmerican, Main-Course - 20 mins prep timeBy Stacey Lang
- Baked salmon with mango sauceCuisine, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Sunanda Sharma
- Creamy Chicken with brandy and tarragon90 mins prep timeBy Amit Mathew
- Spicy Honey Chicken ThighsAmerican, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Aliena Varghese
- Doro Wat with LentilsMain-Course - 90 mins prep timeBy Raymond Selzer
- Cinnamon RollsAmerican, Dessert - 180 mins prep timeBy Meeth Nihan
- Experience Your Senses - Chicken a l'OrangeContinental, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Donna George
- Chicken Pad ThaiThai, Entree - 60 mins prep timeBy Garrett Amini
- Joojeh Kebab (Persian Chicken Kebab with Saffro...Persian, Main-Course - 20 mins prep timeBy Nielouphar A Rahman
- Christmas BirdAmerican, Main-Course - 360 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- 40 Shades of GarlicAmerican, Main-Course - 160 mins prep timeBy Christopher Andersson
- Easy Pizza DoughItalian-American, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Sanaa A'esha
- Herb Roasted ChickenMain-Course - 90 mins prep timeBy Amit Mathew
- Chicken ShawarmaLebanese, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Abeer Abdul Aziz