This is a soft crumbly cookie made with chocolate and almond flour. You can substitute the almond flour with plain flour if preferred. I found this recipe on youtube posted by yoyomax12.
Cream the butter and sugar till combined.
Add egg and vanilla extract and beat well.
Add the plain flour, baking powder and salt and mix well till you get a crumbly dough. Leave out the salt if using salted butter.
Lightly knead with your hands to form a dough ball. Cut it into halves.
To one half, mix the almond four and combine. Roll this out between sheets of baking paper into a rectangle of around 1/4 cm thickness.
To the other half, mix the cocoa powder and combine to form the dough. Roll this out to a rectangle of the same size as the white one.
Without peeling the baking papers off, let the two layers chill in the fridge for at least half an hour.
Remove from fridge. Peel off top layers of baking paper. Place the white layer on top of the chocolate one and align.
Carefully, roll along the long end tightly. Use the baking paper to help you along. If the outer dough cracks, let it soften for a few minutes and roll. Wrap with the baking paper and leave it in the fridge for 3-4 hours at least or overnight. The dough has to firm up well.
Slice into 1/2cm thick slices and bake in a 180C preheated oven for 10 minutes.
RelatedRecipes similar to Pinwheel cookies
- Chocolate Sugar HeartsContinental, Snack - 20 mins prep timeBy Aliena Varghese
- Christmas tree cookiesSnack - 120 mins prep timeBy Febin Vadakkeyil
- Red Velvet Ice Cream CakeAmerican, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Lejna Ramachandran
- Candy cane butter cookiesAmerican, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Sunanda Sharma
- Tutti Frutti StarsSnack - 20 mins prep timeBy Jyoti Chandran Devaraj
- Chocolate SconesFrench-American, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Poorna
- CroissantsFrench, Snack - 60 mins prep timeBy Sanaa A'esha
- Star cookies30 mins prep timeBy Veena Neelamegam
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip CookiesDessert - 11 mins prep timeBy Diluckshnie Jayawardena
- Chocolate Peppermint Star CookiesAmerican, Snack - 60 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Cinnamon Sugar CookiesAmerican, Snack - 45 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Yule LogFrench, Dessert - 60 mins prep timeBy Nedha
- CookiesAmerican, Snack - 20 mins prep timeBy Reemol Bony
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese FrostingAmerican, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Lejna Ramachandran
- Layered Turkish Bread (Borek)Main-CourseBy Kholoud Hawari
- Dark Chocolate Brownie CakeAmerican, Dessert - 40 mins prep timeBy Anagha Gunjal Reddy
- "Mutzenmandeln" German frittersGerman, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Marek Thi
- Peanut Butter SurprisesBy Kholoud Hawari
- Triple chocolate cookiesAmerican, Snack - 45 mins prep timeBy Febin Vadakkeyil
- Chocolate Sugar CookiesDessert - 20 mins prep timeBy Diluckshnie Jayawardena