this is a super creamy, super yummy pasta dish thats just perfect for a night in... i used barilla's roasted garlic pasta sauce for this, coz we LOVE garlic... but you could tone it down by using regular pasta sauce or even tinned tomatoes for this.
also, i used a double cream substitute (in an attempt to make it a bit healthier) and it tasted just fine...
|Elbow pasta||packet 1|
|Jar barilla roasted garlic napoletana sauce||1|
|White onion, diced fine||1|
|Chicken bouillon cube, crumbled||1⁄2|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hillshire farm's beef summer sausage, cubed||1|
|Button mushrooms, sliced||1 Cup|
|Dry rosemary||1 Pinch|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Double cream||1 Cup|
|Freshly cracked black pepper|
prepare the pasta according to package directions till al-dente. drain when done, and set aside.
while the pasta is cooking, prep the rets of the ingredients. cube the sausage, dice the onions and garlic and slice the mushrooms.
in a non-stick vessel, heat the olive oil. add the cubed sausage to the oil and sautee. the sausages will release their fats into the pan, and shrink in size.
remove the sausage into a separate dish and set aside. add cumin seeds into the vessel on the stove.
when the seeds splutter, add the garlic to the pan. sautee for about a minute.
next, add the diced onion and sautee till it turns translucent.
add the crumbled bouillon cube and ground cinnamon. stir well to combine.
when the onion starts to caramelise to a light golden, add the mushrooms and sautee till they release their liquids into the pan and shrink.
cook them off for a bit, till the liquids reduce by about half, and then add in the previously seared sausage pieces. stir well.
add the jar of pasta sauce to the pan, and stir well to combine (you might want to add some water too if you feel its too thick).
when it starts bubbling, add the rosemary, marjoram and basil. stir to combine.
check for seasoning at this stage, and add salt (if required) and LOADS of freshly cracked black pepper.
add the cream, and mix well. the sauce will turn into a pale orange color.
add the cooked pasta to this and toss everything well so as to coat the pasta with the sauce. heat it through for about a minute and take it of the heat.
serve with a light sprinkling of grater parmesan (optional, but its pretty rich as it is!) and DIG IN!!!
RelatedRecipes similar to Pasta in Tomato-Cream Sauce
- Lasagne Verdi with Ricotta-Parmesan sauceItalian, Main-Course - 50 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Chicken & Mushroom GratinFrench, Entree - 45 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Smokey Baked PastaItalian-American, Main-Course - 35 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Mushroom-n-Minced-Meat Pasta BakeItalian-American, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Saucy Sausage PastaItalian-American, Main-Course - 20 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Summer Sausage Stir-FryAmerican, Side-Dish - 15 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Chicken Pot PieEnglish, Main-Course - 40 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Frittata a la Cucumbertown-CookoffSpanish, Appetizer - 25 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Sausage n Mushroom StarsAmerican, Appetizer - 30 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Salsa Roja with Smoked SausagesMexican, Side-Dish - 20 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Ro*Tel-Queso DipMexican, Appetizer - 10 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Farfalle pasta with soy Italian, Main-Course - 15 mins prep timeBy Megha Menon
- Chicken and mushroom dipMexican, Appetizer - 20 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Macaroni with white Mushroom sauce and spinachItalian, Main-Course - 35 mins prep timeBy pritaclement
- Beef Enchilada DipMexican, Appetizer - 20 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Chinese Stir-Fried PotatoChinese, Side-Dish - 40 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Sausages with Pancetta and Rosemary Lentils wit...Italian, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Passione Per Cucina
- Chicken Lo-MeinChinese, Main-Course - 20 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Mushroom Spicy pastaContinental, Breakfast - 20 mins prep timeBy PRIYANKA
- Celery Fried RiceChinese-American, Main-Course - 35 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem