This is a special dish from the Malabar region in Kerala made from rice and egg. You can have this with any curry of your choice. I would suggest it with mutton stew..
Soak Rice in water over night. Grind into smooth paste without or very little water.
Beat the eggs and mix it with rice batter.
Add salt to taste.
Heat oil in a pan, pour a spoon full of batter into the oil and deep fry until they puff up and turns golden brown on both sides.
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Mutta Surka
- Kerala Appam RecipeKerala, Breakfast - 45 mins prep timeBy nannurasheed
- Achappam / RosecookiesKerala, Snack - 45 mins prep timeBy Priya s Mathew
- Kutti AppamKerala, Breakfast - 30 mins prep timeBy Veena Jan
- PalappamKerala, Breakfast - 5 mins prep timeBy Reemol Bony
- White Rice PancakeIndian, Breakfast - 20 mins prep timeBy Sabrina Rahman
- Mutta AppamBreakfast - 10 mins prep timeBy Ponnu
- Malabar special chicken fryIndian, Side-Dish - 20 mins prep timeBy Sujitha Nair
- Mutton curry with arviIndian, Main-Course - 70 mins prep timeBy Tiya Joshi
- Neer dosa with spicy mutton in coconut milk.Indian, Breakfast - 20 mins prep timeBy Shyamala Ravi
- Mutton Biriyani - Kannur StyleIndian, Main-Course - 50 mins prep timeBy Sanaa A'esha
- Palappam n mutta roastIndian, Breakfast - 20 mins prep timeBy $ana vino!!
- Vella AppamSouth-Indian, Breakfast - 5 mins prep timeBy Shobana Arunkumar
- Arikadukka - Stuffed Mussels... A Malabar Speci...Kerala, SnackBy Preetha Soumyan
- Malabar Dum Chicken BiriyaniKerala, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Rasmi Viju
- VattayappamKerala, Breakfast - 30 mins prep timeBy Shyamala Ravi
- FRIED MUTTONSouth-Indian, Side-Dish - 30 mins prep timeBy sajeena faisel
- AppamKerala, Breakfast - 30 mins prep timeBy Melting Moments - Lidiya's kitchen experiments
- Chicken Dum BiryaniKerala, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Jonathan D'mello
- Malabar Chicken BiryaniMalabar, Main-Course - 100 mins prep timeBy Brijdeep Kaur
- Easy Palappam Kerala, Breakfast - 1440 mins prep timeBy Veena Jan