Moist, delicious meatloaf with mushroom gravy. So satisfying!
|Chuck, ground||1 Pound|
|Veal, ground||1 Pound|
|Chicken or pork, ground||1 Pound|
|Eggs, lightly beaten||2|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion, finely chopped||1⁄2|
|White bread (crust removed) Slice||3|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper, freshly ground||To Taste|
|Onion, finely chopped||2 Tablespoons|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoons|
|Beef broth||2 Cups|
|Mushrooms, sliced||8 Ounces|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup|
|Garlic, minced Clove||1|
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck, ground pork, ground chicken, and onion. Mix by hand and set aside.
Tear the trimmed white bread into small pieces. Place into a bowl and soak the bread in the milk.
Add the beaten eggs, ketchup, mustard, and Worcestshire sauce to the bowl with the soaked bread. Mix lightly by hand, and then combine with the meat. Add salt and pepper. Continue to mix by hand until all ingredients are blended together.
Shape the meat mixture into a loaf and place into a baking pan that has sides. Place the meatloaf into the oven and cook for one hour at 400 degrees.
While the meatloaf is cooking, prepare the mushroom gravy on the stove. In a medium pan or pot, add the oil and butter and allow it to heat for 2 minutes on medium heat.
Add the onions and garlic. Sweat over low heat until tender and translucent. Add the mushrooms and turn up to medium heat. After about 5 minutes, add the flour. Saute until browned and tender.
Add the beef broth and heavy cream, and simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Turn off the heat and let the gravy sit until the meatloaf has finished cooking.
After one hour, take the meatloaf out of the oven and let it rest for 5 - 10 minutes. Slice the meatloaf and serve with mushroom gravy on top.
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Meatloaf with Mushroom Gravy
- Tex-Mex MeatloafMexican, Entree - 60 mins prep timeBy RecipeKing
- Swedish Meatballs with GravyBy Courtney Powell
- Pork Chops FlorentineAmerican, Main-Course - 40 mins prep timeBy Jeremy Gallagher
- Abondigas Spanish, Appetizer - 35 mins prep timeBy James Andrews
- Savory Sausage StuffingAmerican, Appetizer - 20 mins prep timeBy cookinguy
- Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon French, Main-CourseBy Pandara
- Pot RoastAmerican, Main-Course - 240 mins prep timeBy Nadine
- Schnitzel Sandwich and Warm Potato SaladGerman, Main-Course - 50 mins prep timeBy Raymond Selzer
- Chocolate Chipotle Ribs, Southern Fried Butterm...American, Main-Course - 210 mins prep timeBy Raymond Selzer
- Applebee's French Onion SoupAmerican, Side-Dish - 40 mins prep timeBy RecipeKitchen
- Meatball Sandwich CasseroleAmerican, Main-Course - 55 mins prep timeBy Raymond Selzer
- Poblano Albondigas with Ancho Chile SoupMexican, Soup - 60 mins prep timeBy Raymond Selzer
- Kale and Roasted Sweet Potato SoupAmerican, Entree - 45 mins prep timeBy mona
- Caramel Apple Pork ChopsEntree - 55 mins prep timeBy BoredOfTheInternet
- Philly Cheesesteak StewAmerican, Main-Course - 50 mins prep timeBy Raymond Selzer
- TourtièreCanadian, Entree - 160 mins prep timeBy BoredOfTheInternet
- Beef and Bacon PieAmerican, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Raymond Selzer
- Lentil Soup with Homemade Bread120 mins prep timeBy delta-TL
- Jacques Pepin's Beef StewFrench, Entree - 180 mins prep timeBy Nadine
- Country Stir FryArmenian, Entree - 60 mins prep timeBy Timothy ByDesign