My love for Biriyani will never end.... At last i got the actual recipe so thought of sharing with u guys plzz do try..
|Bista (fried onions)|
|Mint Leaf||1 Bunch|
|Bista (fried onion)||3⁄4 of|
|Lime Juice||2 Tablespoons|
|Corainder leaves||1⁄2 Bunch|
|Biriyani masala||2 Teaspoons|
|Jeerakashala/Basmathi Rice||2 Cups|
|Bista(rest of the fried onion)|
|Coriander leaves||4 Tablespoons|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Saffron milk||4 Tablespoons|
|Shahi jeera||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Wash and clean the chicken pieces. Wash and drain Jeerakashala rice(u can also use basmathi rice , jeerakashala rice is used in malabar Biryani preparation as the rice itself has a special flavour) .
Heat oil and ghee in a kadai . Deep fry the onions until golden brown (also known as bista). In the remaining oil fry the cashew nut and raisins.
Heat a deep heavy bottom dish. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook .Once the tomatoes start softening add the crushed ginger, garlic and green chilies and stir.
When the raw smell fades add the cleaned chicken pieces and mix well. Add salt and chopped mint leaves. Cover and cook.
When the chicken is half done, add 3/4 of the fried onions ,the spice powder (Biriyani masala is something you get at every local store if not roast and grind spices given under the biriyani masala ingredients).
Add lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves and stir well. Let it simmer until the gravy thickens. Turn off the stove.
Keep a pan on the stove and add ghee . Add the drained rice and fry for few minutes . Add salt and and water (ration :1 cup rice =2 cup water ) to the rice.
Add the whole spices and lemon juice to the water, bring the flame to a simmer, lid the pan and cook till all the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked. This will take about 5 mintues then turn of the stove and let it rest for 10 mints .
Add few saffron strands to 3 tablespoons of warm milk.
Dum procedure :- Spread 1/2 of the rice evenly over the chicken curry .Sprinkle some garam masala , fried onions,coriander leaves, cashews and raisins over it and also some the saffron milk. Spread the remaining rice and sprinkle the left over toppings.
Make a dough out of maida (like what u do for chappathi). Close the vessel and seal the edges of the lid with this dough ,with no air passage.
Leave it on the gas stove on low flame .Traditionally u put coal on top of then biriyani vessel as heat has to come from both sides. I didn't have that option so i boiled some water and kept the hot vessel on top. Do this for almost 20 mints..
Open the lid and combine well .Yummy Malabar biriyani is ready to serve . For best taste serve it with coconut chammanthi, pappadam and dates pickle.
RelatedRecipes similar to Malabar Dum Chicken Biriyani
- Chicken Dum BiryaniKerala, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Jonathan D'mello
- Hyderabadi Dum BiriyaniIndian-Hyderabadi, Main-Course - 145 mins prep timeBy Ayesha Sultana
- Mutton BiriyaniHyderabadi, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Rukmini Krishna
- Thalasserry Chicken BiriyaniMain-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Greenscooking
- kozhikodan fish biriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Sujitha Nair
- Thalassery BiriyaniKerala, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Sunena Ajesh
- Malabar Chicken BiryaniMalabar, Main-Course - 100 mins prep timeBy Brijdeep Kaur
- Kozhikodan BiriyaniSouth-Indian, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Sujitha Nair
- Malabar fish biriyaniKerala, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Anju Balan
- Kerala Fish BiriyaniKerala60 mins prep timeBy Veena Jan
- Prawn BiriyaniKerala, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Rasmi Viju
- CHICKEN BIRIYANIKerala, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy sajeena faisel
- Prawns Biriyani - Thalassery styleIndian, Main-Course - 50 mins prep timeBy Sanjeeda Rauf
- CHICKEN RAINBOW BIRIYANI..Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy fathimarentina
- Vegetable biriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Anju Balan
- Squid BiriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 150 mins prep timeBy Faseela K
- Layered RiceIndian, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Emilin Joseph
- Chicken Biryani Kerala StyleIndian-Kerala, Main-Course - 90 mins prep timeBy Abeer Abdul Aziz
- South Indian Muslim (Bai) Biriyani.Indian-Indian-Muslim-South-Indian, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Asif Ali
- Friday Special Egg BiriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Sabrina Rahman