Kozhi ada is a tasty crispy snack, having spiced chicken stuffed in a crispy wrapper.This can be made with beef instead of chicken as well.
Make a soft dough out of maidah, using ghee, little salt and water. Keep it aside.
Cook the chicken,Adding salt, a pinch of turmeric powder, and pepper powder.Mince the cooked chicken properly.
Heat oil in a pan, and saute onions till it becomes golden brown. Add curry leaves, and ground ginger, garlic and green chilllis paste.
When the onion starts getting golden brown, add a little turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, and salt to taste.
Once all the spices are blended well in the mixture, add the minced chicken.Saute this on low heat, till the mixture is fully dry.Switch off the stove.
Roll out small thin discs out of the dough.Add required chicken filling on one side and fold it from the other side.Seal the edges together in a pattern to form a crescent shape.
Heat oil in a pan, and add the adas one by one, and fry on medium heat till slightly golden colour.
Note : The oil should be on medium heat.If it's too hot, the dough will be only cooked on the outside, and if it's too low heat, the adas will be too oily.
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Kozhi Ada ( Chicken Hot pockets )
- Chicken RollIndian, Snack - 30 mins prep timeBy Faseela K
- Chicken Roast/Kozhi Mulaku PerattuKerala, Side-Dish - 60 mins prep timeBy Prajusha Vinod
- Kozhi Peralan / Chicken PeralanIndian-Kerala, Side-Dish - 20 mins prep timeBy Rasmi Viju
- Kozhi fry(Malabar style)Kerala, Side-Dish - 30 mins prep timeBy Shyamala Ravi
- Cauliflower Dry Masala - Quick Fix for DinnerIndian, Side-DishBy Praveen Isac
- Kozhi VaruvalSouth-Indian, Side-Dish - 20 mins prep timeBy Shyamala Ravi
- easy chicken roastIndian, Side-Dish - 20 mins prep timeBy Sujitha Nair
- Chicken Mappas (With Fried Potatoes)Indian, Side-Dish - 40 mins prep timeBy Reeba Jerry
- Onion Chilli frittersIndian, Snack - 30 mins prep timeBy Brijdeep Kaur
- Chicken Roast (semi dry)Indian, Side-Dish - 30 mins prep timeBy Tiya Joshi
- Soya Chunks Masala DryIndian, Side-Dish - 50 mins prep timeBy Jane Jojo
- Chicken Liver CurryIndian-Kerala, Nuts - 30 mins prep timeBy Teena Sunoj
- Pathiri & Coriander chicken curry Kerala, Breakfast - 30 mins prep timeBy Sunena Ajesh
- Chicken Malabari KuzhambuSouth-Indian, Main-Course - 20 mins prep timeBy Weekend Kitchen
- Poori Bajji - Kerala Restaurant StyleIndian, Breakfast - 45 mins prep timeBy Preetha Soumyan
- Keema Pulao / Keema BiryaniIndian-Pakistani, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Abeer Abdul Aziz
- Chicken BiryaniIndian, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Priya s Mathew
- kozhi/chicken mulakitathuIndian, Main-Course - 20 mins prep timeBy Sujitha Nair
- Chicken KolhapuriMaharashtrian, Main-Course - 90 mins prep timeBy Anne
- Kerala Chicken RoastSouth-Indian, Side-Dish - 45 mins prep timeBy Jiya