This is spiced indian bread pieces. A South Indian recipe served with chutney or raita.
|Onion( Medium Sized)||1|
|Dried Red Chillies||2|
|Curry Leaves Sprig||1|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken masala powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato (small/ medium)||1|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro leaves Sprig||3|
Chop onion and chilies. Chop tomato. Tear the kerala parotta roughly. ( you can also use paratha as an alternative) Keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan ( Preferably non stick pan) and add mustard seeds.
After the mustard seeds splutter, saute onions, curry leaves, green chilies and red chilies until the onion is cooked and translucent.
Add the diced tomatoes and cook until soft.
Reduce heat and add ginger garlic paste, chicken masala powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder. Stir fry for a minute. In case you do not have chicken masala use 1/2 tablespoon of coriander powder and 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala.
Add the roughly torn parotta pieces and stir fry on high heat for a few minutes.
Break eggs and add it to the pan. Scramble thoroughly until the eggs are cooked and mixed with the Parottas.
Cook for another couple of minutes on medium heat.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with Raita. ( Though I like it without raita)
RelatedRecipes similar to Kothu paratha/ Kothu Parotta
- Kothu parottaSouth-Indian, Main-Course - 15 mins prep timeBy Praveen Isac
- Kothu Parotta / Shredded ParathaSouth-Indian, Snack - 30 mins prep timeBy Galley
- Mughlai Chicken BiryaniAsian, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Sandhi Ra
- Chicken KondattamKerala, Side-Dish - 60 mins prep timeBy Prajusha Vinod
- Chettinad Chicken Fry Tamil, Side-DishBy Saneef H Ansari
- Teekha MurgIndian, Main-Course - 40 mins prep timeBy Brijdeep Kaur
- Pepper chicken chettinad30 mins prep timeBy Veena Neelamegam
- Egg BhurjiAsian, Breakfast - 15 mins prep timeBy Sandhi Ra
- Mint Chicken KormaIndian, Main-Course - 40 mins prep timeBy Brijdeep Kaur
- Quick Chicken masala drySouth-Indian, Side-Dish - 25 mins prep timeBy Jiya
- Indian Chilli ChickenIndian-Chinese, Side-Dish - 45 mins prep timeBy Faseela K
- Ambur Chicken BiryaniSouth-Indian, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Brijdeep Kaur
- Squid RoastIndian-Kerala, Side-Dish - 25 mins prep timeBy Rasmi Viju
- Soya Masala CurryKerala, Side-DishBy Preetha Soumyan
- Quick and simple chicken curryIndian, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Tanya Punj
- Chicken VindalooIndian, Side-Dish - 30 mins prep timeBy Kitchensnippets
- Kozhi VaruvalSouth-Indian, Side-Dish - 20 mins prep timeBy Shyamala Ravi
- easy chicken roastIndian, Side-Dish - 20 mins prep timeBy Sujitha Nair
- Malabar Chicken CurryMalabar, Main-Course - 20 mins prep timeBy Asifa Asif
- Lazeez Paneer30 mins prep timeBy Priyank Deep