Murgi(Chicken) is a Bengali delight. And every household has its own way of preparation. To a gourmet however, every dish is unique and satisfying in its own way...
|Freshly cut Chicken||500 Grams|
|Onions (Medium Sized)||3|
|Potatoes (medium to large)||5|
|Ginger-garlic paste||3 Tablespoons|
|Mustard Oil||10 Tablespoons|
|Soya Sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||2 Teaspoons|
|Cumin seeds Few||Number|
|Garam Masala||1.5 Teaspoons|
|Cilantro leaves Few||Number|
|Indian Bay Leaves||2-3|
|Sour Curd||3 Tablespoons|
Mince the onions , tomatoes, red and green chillies .
Cut the potatoes into halves. Mix them with little turmeric.
Mix the chicken with 5 Tbspns of mustard oil, remaining turmeric, cumin powder, cumin seeds, onions, tomatoes, chillies, ginger-garlic paste, vinegar, soya-sauce, bay leaves(torn to pieces),sour curd.
After the mixture has been prepared well, place it under refrigerated/ non refrigerated with lid closed and allow it to marinate for 30-45 minutes
Fry the potato slices in mustard oil with lid closed till they become soft.
Put the mixture along with the fried potatoes and continue stirring on a medium-low flame intermittently with lid closed , so that the chicken becomes soft.
Add little amounts of water each time and finally submerge the entire content in water and allow it to be cooked for around5-15 mins (The higher time allowed for marination the lower time will it take to cook)
Garnish it with Garam Masala and cilantro leaves .....and keep it closed for about 3-5 minutes
Serve hot with ghee on white rice
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Kosha murgir mangsho (Stirred Chicken Curry...the Bong version)
- GhugniBengali, Snack - 40 mins prep timeBy Richa Mitra
- Easy chicken biryani in pressure cookerKerala, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Adukkalakkaari
- Spicy dry chicken or Bengali kosha murgir mangsho Bengali, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Richa Mitra
- #Cooker#Chicken#Hydrabadi#BonelessIndian, Main-Course - 20 mins prep timeBy Sabrina Rahman
- Friday Special Egg BiriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Sabrina Rahman
- Kori Gassi (Mangalorian Chicken Curry)South-Indian, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Anand A Nair
- Chicken Do Pyaza (Chicken with Onions)Indian, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Antara S
- Spicy Soya Chunks Curry in a creamy gravyIndian, Side-DishBy Preetha Soumyan
- Chicken Kolhapuri North-Indian, Side-Dish - 45 mins prep timeBy Asha Elizabeth
- Cilantro chicken curry South-Indian, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Cherian Thomas
- Sunny Side Up Easy Masala10 mins prep timeBy shajilasalam
- Chicken DrySouth-Indian, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Raman K A
- Pepper Chicken FryChettinad, Side-Dish - 50 mins prep timeBy Galley
- Quick and simple chicken curryIndian, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Tanya Punj
- Mutton Rogan JoshKashmiri, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Sushmita Singh
- Handi Mutton/Pahadi MuttonIndian, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Sushmita Singh
- Pork with rai saag(mustard leaves)Bengali, Side-Dish - 45 mins prep timeBy haburoy
- Delicious Methi Murg :)Indian, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Sushmita Singh
- Erachi Pola / Erachi Cake/ 3 Layered Chicken-Eg...Malabar, Snack - 90 mins prep timeBy Nazia Nazir
- Kerala Style Chicken RoastKerala, Side-Dish - 60 mins prep timeBy Tarun Alex