this kheema recipe uses minced lamb, and is ideal for making stuffed sandwiches. best enjoyed as a breakfast dish with pav. you could also pair it with a pineapple raita and roomali rotis for a yummy dinner.
|Minced lamb||450 Grams|
|Garlic, chopped||2 Teaspoons|
|Ginger, chopped||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chilli, chopped||1 Teaspoon|
|Red onion, chopped||1|
|Red chilli powder||2 Teaspoons|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Madras curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves, chopped||2 Teaspoons|
|Juice of lime||1|
in a non-stick kadhai, heat the oil.
add mustard seeds. when they splutter, add the chopped garlic, ginger and green chilli. reduce the heat so as not to burn, and stir for about 30 seconds.
add the chopped onion, increase the heat and stir till onion turns translucent.
add turmeric powder and mix well.
add the chopped tomato, and a little bit of salt to help sweat the tomatoes down.
when the tomatoes turn soft and release their juices, add the red chilli powder and coriander powder. mix well till the spice powders stop smelling raw. this is your masala base.
to the base, add the minced lamb. stir it well to break it up, and cook evenly. the lamb should be well coated with the masala, and should turn brown.
add the garam masala, madras curry powder and half the chopped coriander leaves. mix well.
cover and cook over low heat for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring once in a while to ensure that it doesn't burn.
next, stir in the remaining coriander leaves and take it off the heat.
squeeze in the lime juice, mix well.
transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.
RelatedRecipes similar to Kheema Pav
- Kheema or minced lambMughlai, Breakfast - 45 mins prep timeBy Mano Reddy
- Roasted Bell Peppers Stuffed With Lamb Indian, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Nielouphar A Rahman
- Kheema MasalaIndian, Side-Dish - 30 mins prep timeBy Reeba Jerry
- Masala Mutton PastaIndian-Italian, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Masala VermicelliIndian, Breakfast - 20 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Pav Bhaji ... a tasty version of mixed vegetablesIndian, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Shivangi Mehta
- Friday Special Egg BiriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Sabrina Rahman
- Dahi Masala Karahi ChickenIndian, Main-Course - 50 mins prep timeBy Brijdeep Kaur
- Yogurt Chicken CurryPakistani, Side-Dish - 25 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Pav bhajiMaharashtrian30 mins prep timeBy Reshma Venugopal
- Aloo Gobi DryIndian, Side-Dish - 20 mins prep timeBy Meenakshi R
- Stuffed Baked CapsicumAppetizer - 30 mins prep timeBy Meghana Km
- Pav-BhajiFast-Food, Snack - 20 mins prep timeBy Brijdeep Kaur
- Thalassery meen biriyaniMain-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Divya Nigeth
- Mutton balls with cream' sauce for lunch :)Indian, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Sushmita Singh
- Methi Mushroom MasalaIndian, Side-Dish - 30 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Mutton kheema with Pigeon pea masalaKarnataka, Side-Dish - 20 mins prep timeBy Jeena Aravind
- CHICKEN RAINBOW BIRIYANI..Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy fathimarentina
- beef masalaKerala, Side-Dish - 50 mins prep timeBy Divya Nigeth
- Mushroom & Mixed Vegetable CurryIndian, Side-Dish - 20 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem