For a long time, I wanted to try this dessert, but was always afraid that it wont come out nice. At last, I gave it a go....and yes!!! it came out awesome. The only thing is that we should be very quick while frying. Hot crunchy outer covering with soft, creamy, cold lava oozing out from inside
Take a bowl and mix maida and water to make a thick consistency batter. Keep this aside. In a plate, spread the crushed cornflakes. Keep this aside.
Take the scoops of ice cream one at a time, out of the freezer and dip it nicely in the maida batter.
Roll it in the crushed cornflakes nicely and place them back in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
Heat oil in the kadai and put the coated scooped ice cream (which we had kept in the freezer) one at a time.
When the outer covering changes its colour, carefully take off from heat and directly serve it.
Drizzle some honey or chocolate sauce on top of the fried ice cream.
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Fried Ice Cream
- Ice cream FryAmerican, Dessert - 20 mins prep timeBy praveenpotty
- Choco Lava CakeAmerican, Dessert - 15 mins prep timeBy Nimmy Raghu
- Chocolate CupsAmerican, Dessert - 15 mins prep timeBy Nimmy Raghu
- Instant JalebiNorth-Indian, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Nimmy Raghu
- Vanilla Scones with Strawberry Cream FillingAmerican, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Nimmy Raghu
- Molten Chocolate CakeEnglish, Dessert - 45 mins prep timeBy Jane Jojo
- Apple jalebiIndian, Dessert - 60 mins prep timeBy Prajusha Vinod
- Jalebi..... delectable delicacy :)Asian, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Sushmita Singh
- Vanilla Ice CreamEnglish, Dessert - 180 mins prep timeBy Nimmy Raghu
- Oreo Ice CreamAmerican, Dessert - 15 mins prep timeBy Nimmy Raghu
- Choco Lave Cake!American, Dessert - 20 mins prep timeBy Antara S
- Lemon Cheesecake (No bake)English, Dessert - 45 mins prep timeBy Kavita Srinivasan
- Home Made Yellow Jalebi Indian, Dessert - 60 mins prep timeBy Veena Jan
- Purple Ombré Cake American, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Beula Pandian Thomas
- Chocolate Lava Cake ( with Chocolate Ganache )English, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Sunanda Sharma
- Banana & Peanut Butter CheesecakeDessert - 600 mins prep timeBy Rj
- Sooji (Semolina) Kachori45 mins prep timeBy Priyank Deep
- Molten Choco Lava CakeContinental, Dessert - 25 mins prep timeBy Deepthi
- Idly Using Idly Rava Indian, Breakfast - 30 mins prep timeBy Janani's Cooking Addiction
- Strawberry Swirl Vanilla Ice CreamFrench-American, Dessert - 45 mins prep timeBy Shobana Arunkumar