Calicut is a place in northern part of Kerala and is known for its dishes :).Being foodie,yes irrespective of amount of egg and ghee used in the dishes,these are the main ingredients that add flavor to most of the snacks prepared there.This Ramadan,i thought why not try one of the dishes prepared there for Iftar. This is my first attempt into Layered Meat Dishes apart from Pasta and i got the original recipe from a blog,which i will be sharing as well too.
|For the First layer-Bread Layer|
|For Second Layer-For Cooking Chicken|
|Chicken (Boneless Preferably)||250 Grams|
|Corrainder Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1 Pinch|
|Chilly Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon (Medium Size)||1|
|Dry Bay Leaf||1|
|Second Layer-To Make Chicken Masala|
|Onion Cooped as mini cubes||2|
|Masala Spice||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable Oil||2 Tablespoons|
|Third Layer-Beaten Egg & Roasted Nuts and Raisins|
|Raisins(||Optional) 250 Grams|
To make the first layer,Make a batter of first layer ingredients in a blender and keep it aside.The consistency should be thick and drop consistency.
Grind the spices like clove to cumin to make Masala spice.Make in excess as it will be needed while making
Cook the chicken pieces either using two chicken breast pieces sliced as cubes (I used 2 leg pieces and four chicken breast pieces with bones).I cooked in a kadai along with Powdered Spices and Masala Spice with frequent stiring. Cook it for about 25 mins till chicken is cooked.
Remove the cooked chicken and shred it using fork.Now Heat the kadai or pan with oil,Saute onion till transparent.Add ginger- garlic-chilly paste along with cilantro leaves chopped .Add Cooked Chicken and desired salt.Cook till the flavors are even throughout mixture
Take a Deep dish Sauce Pan-Apply ghee or butter on the base and sides.Pour the first layer of bread-egg batter.Cook it for about 15-20 mins till the upper layer is soft and not moist.Cook with the lid closed
Once the top layer is cooked ,add the second layer of chicken masala cooked and spread it along.Cook it for about 5 mins by closing the lid.
For third layer,beat the eggs,pepper & salt.Pour it over the chicken layer.So that the first and second layer is intact.Decorate this with roasted cashews and raisin.Cook this till the top layer has been cooked like omelette and till the top most layer is no longer moist.
Take a large plate,and bring the cake with the chicken layer facing the plate.Now reverse it and put this back into pan,so that the chicken layer is at the bottom of the pan and the bread on the top.Cook it low flame for about 5 mins.
Serve it warm. For Step by Step Pictures & Main Recipe Courtesy Blog:http://www.thasneen.com/cooking/chicken-egg-3-layer-cake-malabar-erachi-pola/
RelatedRecipes similar to Erachi Pola / Erachi Cake/ 3 Layered Chicken-Egg Cake
- Egg BiryaniIndian60 mins prep timeBy Reshma Venugopal
- Chicken Biryani Kerala StyleIndian-Kerala, Main-Course - 90 mins prep timeBy Abeer Abdul Aziz
- Chicken Curry - Sri LankanSri-Lankan20 mins prep timeBy Diluckshnie Jayawardena
- South Indian Chicken BiriyaniIndian-Kerala, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Donna George
- Quick Chicken masala drySouth-Indian, Side-Dish - 25 mins prep timeBy Jiya
- Kerala Fish BiriyaniKerala60 mins prep timeBy Veena Jan
- Gobi BiriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 50 mins prep timeBy Donna George
- Kashmiri Style Chicken CurryIndian, Side-Dish - 30 mins prep timeBy Donna George
- Chicken Pepper Masala dryMain-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Belinda Lewis
- Malabar Dum Chicken BiriyaniKerala, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Rasmi Viju
- Chicken Dum BiryaniKerala, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Jonathan D'mello
- Squid BiriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 150 mins prep timeBy Faseela K
- Chicken ShawarmaLebanese, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Abeer Abdul Aziz
- Egg PulaoAfghan, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Sabrina Rahman
- Neer Dosa d Egg RoastKerala, Breakfast - 60 mins prep timeBy Veena Jan
- Shrimp BiriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 90 mins prep timeBy Reeba Jerry
- Mutton BiriyaniHyderabadi, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Rukmini Krishna
- Chicken Kolhapuri North-Indian, Side-Dish - 45 mins prep timeBy Asha Elizabeth
- Fish BiryaniIndian, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Reshma Venugopal
- Kerala Style Chicken Tomato RoastKerala, Side-Dish - 40 mins prep timeBy Donna George