It is a brownie which is light as a cake. This one is soft and chocolate-y.
Makes 10 generous servings. I have used a large baking tin which holds the entire batter. Please feel free to use two equal sized baking tins. You can also try making half portion of this Brownie Cake by using half the measurements of the ingredients mentioned here.
|Dark Chocolate (chopped and melted)||1 Cup|
|Unsalted Butter||1⁄3 Cup|
|Powdered Sugar||1 Cup|
|Dark Brown Sugar||1⁄2 Cup|
|Eggs at room temperature||4|
|Vanilla Extract||1 1⁄2 Tablespoons|
|Luke Warm Milk||1⁄3 Cup|
|Plain Flour||1 Cup|
|Baking Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped Walnut||1⁄4 Cup|
|Chocolate Chips||1⁄4 Cup|
Prepare 2 8-inch square cake pans by lining with butter paper.
Mix both the sugars and butter in a large bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla and honey. Whisk till well-combined. Add melted chocolate (almost at room temp).
Mix Plain flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa in a separate bowl. Add the mixed dry ingredient to the chocolate mixture. Add the milk and give it a good mix. Add chopped walnuts and chocolate chips and give it one last mix.
Pour the batter in the prepared pans and bake in the preheated oven at 185c for about 30-35 mins until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over-bake.
Once the cake has cooled. Cut them into squares. You should ideally get 16 pieces from each tin.
You can also arrange this as a 2-tiered cake. Spread chocolate ganache on one layer. Place the second layer and slather the entire cake with chocolate ganache. Use chocolate sprinkles or chips to decorate.
Please do add chocolate chips in the cake else the one who is eating will keep nagging you about it for the rest of their lives! :)
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Dark Chocolate Brownie Cake
- Devil's Chocolate CakeCakes, Dessert - 40 mins prep timeBy Anagha Gunjal Reddy
- Death by Decadent Dark Chocolate CakeAmerican, Dessert - 55 mins prep timeBy kation
- Snowfall in the Forest ( German chocolate cake ...360 mins prep timeBy Teena Sunoj
- Warm Chocolate Gateauxe with Rum GanacheFrench, Dessert - 40 mins prep timeBy Iman Abdul Kader Kindasa
- Chocolate Cherry CakeBritish, Dessert - 60 mins prep timeBy Indu Mathew
- BrowniesDessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Nitasha Azi
- Hershey's Best BrowniesAmerican, Dessert - 45 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Eggless chocolate cakeCakes, Dessert - 90 mins prep timeBy Renu Varghese
- Chocolate Fudge Cake with Chocolate GanacheDessertBy Remya Houratious
- Truffle CupcakeAmerican, Snack - 30 mins prep timeBy Aliena Varghese
- 'The Reese's Overload'American, Dessert - 35 mins prep timeBy Ben Bernards
- Chocolate cake with sprinkles :)Dessert - 120 mins prep timeBy Divya Saxena
- Chocolate Mud Cake with Chocolate GanacheCakes, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Rasmi Viju
- White chocolate mud cakeEnglish, Dessert - 90 mins prep timeBy Jane Jojo
- 5-minute Super Moist Chocolate Mug CakeDessert - 10 mins prep timeBy Jalaja
- Deep Dark Brownies! American, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Antara S
- BrowniesAmerican, Dessert - 45 mins prep timeBy Priya s Mathew
- Eggless Chewy Chocolate BrowniesDessert - 40 mins prep timeBy Karishma Sharma
- Choco-Walnut TartAmerican, Dessert - 100 mins prep timeBy Medini Mangala
- Chocolate Cupcakes (Eggless)Dessert - 45 mins prep timeBy Suchithra Kamesh