Another elegant, easy and luxurious tart baked for a potluck for the Husband's office party....it was a definitely a HIT.
Preheat oven to 180 C. Make dough: In a food processor, pulse cashew or almond until finely ground. Add sugar, flour, zest (if desired), and salt; pulse until combined. Add butter, pulsing until coarse crumbs form with no large butter lumps (dough should clump together when squeezed with fingers).
Immediately transfer the coarse dough to a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Using a measuring cup, evenly press dough in bottom and up sides of pan
Bake in center of oven until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
Make ganache: Place chocolate in a large mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Pour hot cream, through a sieve, over chocolate. Stir until smooth and creamy in texture. Mix in vanilla.
Pour chocolate mixture into center of cooled tart shell (if chocolate is lumpy, pass through a sieve). Let stand until set, about 2 hours, or chill for 1 hour.
I used the wilton stencil to create a pattern, and dusted confectioner's sugar over the stencil just before serving
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Chocolate Ganache Tart
- Mini French Apple TartFrench, Dessert - 60 mins prep timeBy Sanaa A'esha
- Peanut Butter SurprisesBy Kholoud Hawari
- 'The Reese's Overload'American, Dessert - 35 mins prep timeBy Ben Bernards
- Chocolate Glazed Chocolate TartAmerican, Dessert - 35 mins prep timeBy Lejna Ramachandran
- Choco-Walnut TartAmerican, Dessert - 100 mins prep timeBy Medini Mangala
- Raspberry Lemon (Pink Lemonade) Bars English, Dessert - 180 mins prep timeBy Ellen B.
- White Chocolate and Pistachio BunsContinental, Snack - 20 mins prep timeBy Aliena Varghese
- Chocolate-Raspberry Polka Dot CakeDessert - 180 mins prep timeBy neethajeethu
- Banana & Peanut Butter CheesecakeDessert - 600 mins prep timeBy Rj
- Dark Chocolate TartFrench, Dessert - 50 mins prep timeBy Anagha Gunjal Reddy
- Pecan PieAmerican, Dessert - 90 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Bittersweet Chocolate pudding and praline tartletsEnglish, Dessert - 90 mins prep timeBy Sunanda Sharma
- ProfiterolesFrench, Dessert - 40 mins prep timeBy Anju Purushot
- Chocolate Lava Cake ( with Chocolate Ganache )English, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Sunanda Sharma
- Lemon Cheesecake tartlets English, Dessert - 20 mins prep timeBy Sanaa A'esha
- Checkerboard CakeCakes, Dessert - 40 mins prep timeBy Rasmi Viju
- White chocolate mud cakeEnglish, Dessert - 90 mins prep timeBy Jane Jojo
- Cinnamon RollsAmerican, Dessert - 180 mins prep timeBy Meeth Nihan
- Chocolate TrufflesFrench, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Lejna Ramachandran
- Crumbly, Velvety Chocolate TartEnglish, Dessert - 180 mins prep timeBy Ninitha Koya