This is a really delicious biriyani and one of my favorite recipes.
|Cumin Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||4 Teaspoons|
|Chilly Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Aniseed Powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoons|
|Green Chilly||45 Grams|
|Garlic (crushed)||2 Tablespoons|
|Ginger (crushed)||2 Tablespoons|
|Turmeric Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoons|
|Basmati Rice||4 Cups|
|Ani Seed (Perinjeerakam)||1 Tablespoon|
|Star Anise (Thakolam)||3|
|Garam Masala||3 Teaspoons|
|Cashew nuts||2 Tablespoons|
Mix together ingredients listed under marination. Marinate the chicken well. Keep it aside for 2 - 3 hours.
Soak rice in water for 1hr.
Heat oil in a pan.
Add sliced onions, salt and saute, till they turn brown and then add garam masala.
Add sliced tomatoes and saute well.
Add marinated chicken and then add 1 cup water to it.
Cover the pan and cook until chicken is done.
Drain the water from the rice.
Heat ghee in the pan/ cooker.
Add cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamom seeds, curry leaves, cloves and aniseeds.
Once it is sauted well, add rice. Saute it till rice is crispy.
Add 4 1/2 cup water to it with enough salt. Cover and cook until rice is done. It would approximately take 10 - 15 minutes.
** Never miss this step. Layer a pan / cooker with alternating layers of rice and the chicken masala. Add coriander leaves and 1 tsp ghee at every layer.
Heat the layered biriyani for about 20 minutes. It is a good option to microwave it as well. Rice and biriyani masala gets blended well with this. You need not add water since biriyani masala has good gravy content.
Thinly slice 1 onion and fry it in ghee. Sprinkle salt and bit sugar.
Garnish the top of biriyani with the above fried onions and roasted cashews and raisins.
Serve it with raitha, pickle and papad
RelatedRecipes similar to Chicken Biriyani ( Kerala Style)
- Beef Biriyani (Kerala Style)Kerala, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Jane Jojo
- Malabar fish biriyaniKerala, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Anju Balan
- Kozhikodan BiriyaniSouth-Indian, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Sujitha Nair
- Friday Special Egg BiriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Sabrina Rahman
- Thalassery BiriyaniKerala, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Sunena Ajesh
- Shrimp BiriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 90 mins prep timeBy Reeba Jerry
- Gobi BiriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 50 mins prep timeBy Donna George
- Fish BiriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 150 mins prep timeBy Reeba Jerry
- Vegetable biriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Anju Balan
- Kerala Fish BiriyaniKerala60 mins prep timeBy Veena Jan
- CHICKEN BIRIYANIKerala, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy sajeena faisel
- kozhikodan fish biriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 30 mins prep timeBy Sujitha Nair
- Mutton BiriyaniHyderabadi, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Rukmini Krishna
- Squid BiriyaniIndian, Main-Course - 150 mins prep timeBy Faseela K
- Prawn BiriyaniKerala, Main-Course - 45 mins prep timeBy Rasmi Viju
- Thalasserry Chicken BiriyaniMain-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Greenscooking
- Fish BiryaniIndian, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Reshma Venugopal
- Chicken Biryani Kerala StyleIndian-Kerala, Main-Course - 90 mins prep timeBy Abeer Abdul Aziz
- South Indian Chicken BiriyaniIndian-Kerala, Main-Course - 60 mins prep timeBy Donna George
- Mutton biriyani in vazhayila kizhi60 mins prep timeBy ambilikv