This is my first post in cucumbertown, so I chose a Indian dessert from my kitchen. Carrot Kheer is a simple kheer and its my first try on kheer which turned out fantastic. I love the colour, texture, taste... I love it. Hope you will, try it out!
Cut the carrots (any form), cook it in a pressure cooker. Once cooked, grind it into a smooth paste.
Take a heavy bottom vessel, set aside a cup of milk and add rest to the vessel. Bring to boil and add the sugar. Bring it to simmer until the milk has reduced and thickens a bit.
Add the carrot and the reserved 1 cup milk to loosen the milk. Continue to stir until the content thickens.
Add ghee to a pan, fry the cashews and rainis.
Add the fried nuts and cardamom poweder to the Kheer. Stir well and remove from flame.
Cool it before serving. You can top it almonds slices for an extra bite.
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Carrot Kheer
- Rich milk rice sweet(Paalada so creamy)Kerala, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Anju Tony
- Badam Kheer (Almond Drink)Indian, Drink - 30 mins prep timeBy Galley
- Delicious Apple KheerIndian, Dessert - 10 mins prep timeBy Krishna priya
- Javvarisi Paayasam/ Sabudana Kheer (Sago Dessert)Indian, Dessert - 15 mins prep timeBy Galley
- Malabar Dum Chicken BiriyaniKerala, Main-Course - 120 mins prep timeBy Rasmi Viju
- Sugar free almond kheerIndian, Dessert - 40 mins prep timeBy Sheena Reddy
- Carrot BallsIndian, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Prajusha Vinod
- Apple kheerIndian, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Anju Tony
- Short cut phirniIndian, Dessert - 20 mins prep timeBy Pratyusha Banerjee
- Gothambu payasam / Wheat KheerKerala, Dessert - 60 mins prep timeBy Aqeel
- Refrigerated badam kheer. ....Indian, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Neenu S Bharathi
- Dates- Almond Halwa (Ifthar special)Indian, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Parvathy Jayakrishnan
- Carrot (gajar) halwa in microwaveIndian, Dessert - 20 mins prep timeBy Shivani Nair
- Tender coconut payasamIndian, Dessert - 45 mins prep timeBy Paluk Khanna
- Sweet Rich BreadIndian, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Debdutta Mohanty
- Palada Pradhaman Sadya Specialist :)Kerala60 mins prep timeBy Veena Jan
- Pasta Pudding (Paal Ada Pradhaman)Kerala, Dessert - 60 mins prep timeBy Ramya Menon
- Zard Pulao/sweet rice pudding/rose petal cordia...Persian-Indian, Dessert - 15 mins prep timeBy Sheerin
- Easy Coconut PuddingDessert - 20 mins prep timeBy Jennu John
- carrot halwa 20 mins prep timeBy Shalini Nair