And these were the final flavours of my cupcake sale...and my saaga concludes with this....I tell you baking these beauties were a just a joy. Especially when people who eat them tell you that they taste good, its such an encouragement to try out something else too!!
The Recipe is from Joy of Baking which for me as never failed.
|Almonds, toasted and chopped||1⁄2 Cup|
|Carrots, grated||1 1⁄3 Cups|
|Apple, peeled and grated||2⁄3|
|All Purpose Flour||1 1⁄3 Cups|
|Granulated Sugar||2⁄3 Cup|
|Baking Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon Powder, ground||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs, lightly beaten||2|
|Sunflower/ Canola/ Safflower or Vegetable Oil||2⁄3 Cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking Soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream Cheese Frosting:|
|Butter, unsalted||1⁄4 Cup|
|Cream Cheese, at Room Temperature||4 Ounces|
|Confectioner's Sugar, sifted||2 1⁄4 Cups|
|Vanilla Extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and place rack in center of oven. Lightly butter (or spray with a non stick vegetable spray) or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Fold in the chopped almonds.
In another large bowl whisk the eggs until lightly beaten. Then whisk in the sugar, oil, and vanilla extract until slightly thickened. Fold in the grated apple and grated carrots.
Then fold this mixture into the flour mixture until incorporated. Evenly fill the 12 muffin cups with the batter and bake about 20 - 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack, and let cool completely before frosting.
Frosting: In the bowl of your electric, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until very smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar and beat until fully incorporated and smooth.
Beat in the vanilla extract. Add more confectioners sugar if needed. Pipe the frosting on the top of each cupcake. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate the cupcakes until serving time. Can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cookies and cream cupcakesEnglish, Dessert - 25 mins prep timeBy Reshma Venugopal
- Classic Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese Fr...American, Dessert - 45 mins prep timeBy Deepthi
- Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingAmerican, Dessert - 60 mins prep timeBy Meeth Nihan
- Pumpkin CupcakesAmerican, Dessert - 35 mins prep timeBy RecipeKing
- Blueberry Whoopie PiesAmerican, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Aliena Varghese
- Humming Bird CakeAmerican, Dessert - 45 mins prep timeBy Timothy ByDesign
- Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes with Orange Butter creamAmerican, Snack - 90 mins prep timeBy Teena Sunoj
- Jam Cupcakes with Chocolate FrostingAmerican, Snack - 20 mins prep timeBy Aliena Varghese
- Cake Batter Blondie BarsAmerican, Dessert - 55 mins prep timeBy Michelle | Roasted
- Chocolate Banana Cupcake with Fudge FrostingBaking, Dessert - 40 mins prep timeBy Teena Sunoj
- " Banana & Carrot Muffins - Eggless "English, Dessert - 60 mins prep timeBy Ruby Mittal
- Chocolate Velvet Cupcake with whipping cream fr...Cakes, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Rasmi Viju
- Moroccan Orange CakeMoroccan, Dessert - 75 mins prep timeBy Vidhya Raghavan
- Butterscotch Brown Butter BlondiesAmerican, Snack - 70 mins prep timeBy Nirmala Prem
- Sinful Chocolate CupcakesAmerican, Dessert - 30 mins prep timeBy Deepthi
- Carrot CupcakesAmerican, Dessert - 40 mins prep timeBy Reeba Jerry
- Cinnamon RollsAmerican, Dessert - 180 mins prep timeBy Meeth Nihan
- Mocha Chocolate CakeEnglish, Dessert - 160 mins prep timeBy Jane Jojo
- Cream Cheese Pound CakeEnglish, Dessert - 60 mins prep timeBy Sherien Ramzan
- Apple Goat Cheese King Cake120 mins prep timeBy SutekhRising