A tasty tea time snack..Very easy to make too.
Cut the bread slices into squares.. No need to remove the crust.
Make a semi thick batter with gram flour, chopped green chillies, ginger,curry leaves,chilli powder, asafoetida , baking soda , salt and water.
Heat the oil till very hot but not smoking.. Dip the bread slices in the batter so that they are coated very well and deep fry in oil..Fry five or six at a time..
Reduce the flame to medium after dropping them into the hot oil..Remove when golden brown and crisp outside.. Should be crisp outside and soft inside..So do not let them fry till dark brown..Drain on kitchen paper..
Make a simple yoghurt dip using thick beaten curds and salt.. Garnish with little chilli powder and cumin powder..
Serve the bajis with this yoghurt dip.
ContributionsTried this Recipe? Show us how it turned out!
RelatedRecipes similar to Bread Baji
- Ulli Vada (onion fritters)Indian, Snack - 20 mins prep timeBy Priya s Mathew
- Milagai BhajjiIndian, Snack - 30 mins prep timeBy Preetha Soumyan
- Healthy zucchini and blue berry wafflesAmerican, Side-Dish - 45 mins prep timeBy Ruchi Goyal
- Bread pakora Bread Pakora Recipe with Stuffed P...Indian, Breakfast - 60 mins prep timeBy Ashmita poudel
- Multigrain Dosa with Lauki/Soraikai ChutneySouth-Indian, Breakfast - 30 mins prep timeBy Amrita Shivkumar
- Paneer PakodaIndian, Appetizer - 20 mins prep timeBy Meenakshi R
- Spinach Fritters with toppingIndian, Snack - 20 mins prep timeBy Kavita Rayirath
- Spicy Upma Bonda /BujjiSouth-Indian, Snack - 10 mins prep timeBy Manu's Vanta illu
- Chicken Roll | A Snack Recipe Indian, Appetizer - 60 mins prep timeBy Preetha Soumyan
- Spicy Bread ToastIndian, Snack - 10 mins prep timeBy RadyAr Hilal
- Ragi PakodaIndian, Snack - 30 mins prep timeBy Galley
- Cauliflower FrittersIndian, Snack - 20 mins prep timeBy Nilofer Ajmal
- Shallots bajjiKerala, SnackBy Parvathy Jayakrishnan
- Cabbage Koftas in Creamy Yoghurt SauceIndian, Side-Dish - 40 mins prep timeBy Priya s Mathew
- Simple CutletIndian, Snack - 30 mins prep timeBy Sabrina Rahman
- Brosted Chicken Indian-Fast-Food, Main-Course - 25 mins prep timeBy Rasmi Viju
- Bread PakoraIndian, Appetizer - 15 mins prep timeBy Reeba Jerry
- Bread pakodaIndian, Breakfast - 15 mins prep timeBy Brijdeep Kaur
- Ulli / Onion VadaSouth-Indian, Appetizer - 20 mins prep timeBy Faseela K
- Lasaniya (Alu Pakoda with garlic flavor)Indian-Fast-Food, Snack - 20 mins prep timeBy Shivani Nair