This recipe is so wet pants yum that it's hard to believe it's so easy. Can't believe I lived all this while without knowing such a thing existed. No going back now!
Melt butter in the microwave. Stir in sugar. Pour over the bottom of the casserole dish.
Beat eggs, milk and vanilla.
Place a single layer of bread. Pour over half the egg mixture to soak it through. Sprinkle cinnamon. As much as you like.
Line the second layer. Pour over the remaining egg mixture. More cinnamon.
Cover and chill in the fridge overnight. Oh yeah, let it soak good.
Take it out in the morning, sprinkle some sugar on top, and some drops of butter.
Bake at 180 C for 25-30 minutes.
You can serve it hot with maple syrup and fresh cream. Or cold as is. It is so yummy you will end up fighting over who gets to lick the dish.
RelatedRecipes similar to Baked French Toast
- Banana breadAmerican, Breakfast - 60 mins prep timeBy Sanaa A'esha
- Cinnamon RollAmerican, Breakfast - 110 mins prep timeBy Aysha Masna
- Bread PuddingDessert - 6 mins prep timeBy Jyoti Chandran Devaraj
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French ToastAmerican, Breakfast - 30 mins prep timeBy Ellen B.
- Baked French Toast with Cinnamon SauceAmerican, Breakfast - 30 mins prep timeBy Shazia Wahid
- Choco- Vanilla Checkerboard cakeBaking, Dessert - 45 mins prep timeBy Teena Sunoj
- Cinnamon RollsAmerican, Dessert - 180 mins prep timeBy Meeth Nihan
- PBJ Stuffed French ToastAmerican-English, Breakfast - 15 mins prep timeBy Sanaa A'esha
- Valentine Stuffed French ToastAmerican, Breakfast - 15 mins prep timeBy Sanaa A'esha
- anna banana cakeAmerican, Dessert - 35 mins prep timeBy Stacey Lang
- Apple and bread layered pudding with custard creamFrench, Dessert - 15 mins prep timeBy Lakshani Perera
- Chocolate Cherry CakeBritish, Dessert - 60 mins prep timeBy Indu Mathew
- Pumpkin Cinnamon RollsAmerican, AppetizerBy Kholoud Hawari
- Apple Bread60 mins prep timeBy Adrian Humphreys
- Magic Custard Cake American, Dessert - 80 mins prep timeBy Kholoud Hawari
- Bread and Butter PuddingBritish, Dessert - 45 mins prep timeBy Galley
- Apple Goat Cheese King Cake120 mins prep timeBy SutekhRising
- Moroccan Orange CakeMoroccan, Dessert - 75 mins prep timeBy Vidhya Raghavan
- Egg less sponge cakeIndian, Dessert - 40 mins prep timeBy Mohana Lakshmi
- Jack's Cranberry Eggnog French Toast BakeAmerican, Breakfast - 45 mins prep timeBy Sumptuous Spoonfuls